Partition Check Problem

From: Roman Seidl (roman@pvl.pvl.at)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 10:09:32 EST

I have severe Problems with an IDE Notebook HD. The Partition Table is
corrupted (this happened in some combination of Linux and Win2k
Partition editing Software). Now the following happens if you plug the
drive to an IDE and boot:

Linux boots until "Partition Check" - hangup during Partition check.
if booting with "noprobe" Kernel option boot is successfull but disk
cant be accessed (due to the fact that the disk is not probed...)

I could Patch the fs/check.c (or driver/block/genhd.c) and comment out the
partition check.

Can I then access the /hda device and clean the partition table?

Has anybody had similar problems or an idea if or how else it could work
to clean the Partition Table?

mfg
roman seidl

------
roman seidl - developement and design
public voice lab - unified messaging research and service
http://www.pvl.at