Re: new release

From: Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 06:30:07 EST

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Dave Higgen wrote:

> I have also updated the 2.2 HEAD branch of the CVS tree on sourceforge to
> the latest state. For what it's worth: I'm having increasing doubts
> about the value of maintaining this, since nobody seems to be using it
> anymore so it just becomes a redundant secondary copy....

Dave,

This is likely due to the fact of the CVS tree sitting in a largely
unusable state for so long. I stopped pulling from it for that reason.
Now that it's maintained again, perhaps it will take time for word to get
out.

FWIW, I've been running 2.2.15pre* with:

- Jeremy's autofs patches
- Trond's nfsv3 client patches
- Your server and nlm patches

for a month or so. Absolutely zero problems! Historically, if there are
any bugs lurking in the NFS system, I'll find them quickly :-).

At last, I can interoperate with other flavors of Unix in the same manner
I'm used to at work (AIX, Solaris, Tru64, HP environment).

Nice work, folks! Now, we just need to get Alan to merge all this into
2.2.16..

Steve