Re: stuck on TLB IPI wait (CPU#0)

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 07:37:27 EST

> > Since the message only appears in the Reiserfs, we know the culprit ;-)
> >
> It's probably a buglet in the main scheduler, and Reiserfs uncovered the
> problem 8-)
> IIRC one of the Reiserfs developers wrote that the newest patch should
> fix that problem.

Its a combination of contention and starvation for the io_request_lock, which
is triggered by Reiserfs but much more the fault of some block drivers and
the fact intel materially speeded up some operations in the later cpus so the
poll loop for a TLB error timeout becomes too short. Later 2.2.15pre have
a fix based on the Reiserfs changes

Alan