Re: Problems umounting w/ pre5/pre6

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 18:55:03 EST

As another datapoint...

I've had some problems umounting filesystems during ordinary operation.
I'm running 2.3.99-pre6-2 now. Generally, I'll get a 'device busy' error
from umount, but I _know_ that the device is not busy.

I've also noticed from the debugging output I have enabled on my system
that there are no commands being sent to the device when I try to do the
umount. Whatever is deciding that the device is busy is not causing any
accesses to be made to the disk.

Also, running sync manually seems to work just fine.

Matt Dharm

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm@one-eyed-alien.net
Senior Engineer, QCP Inc.                        Work: mdharm@qualcomm.com

Type "format c:" That should fix everything. -- Greg User Friendly, 12/18/1997