Re: "movb" for spin-unlock (was Re: namei() query)

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 10:42:19 EST

Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Which is unfortunate, because I am trying to develop a model for machine
> reasoning about ia32 instruction sequences. To generate better code,
> and to check it. Even in user space, these SMP subtleties are
> important. And I want to analyse kernel code :-)

Binary or source code?

One of things of my todo list is to hack lint or a workalike tool, to
analyze C source code to catch common driver errors... Like a PCI
driver using old pcibios_xxx methods, not using pci_enable_device, etc.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Nothing cures insomnia like the
Building 1024            | realization that it's time to get up.