Re: NFSv3 for Linux 2.2.14: new release

From: G. Hugh Song (hugh@lucia.kjist.ac.kr)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 22:22:51 EST

Steven N. Hirsch wrote:
> FWIW, I've been running 2.2.15pre* with:
>- Jeremy's autofs patches
>- Trond's nfsv3 client patches
>- Your server and nlm patches
> for a month or so. Absolutely zero problems!
> Nice work, folks! Now, we just need to get Alan to merge all this into
> 2.2.16.

The default installation of most linux distribution does not have
a place for users to choose between Version 2 and 3. Those distributors
should take a note and revise sysvinit accordingly for
/etc/rc.d/(init.d/)nfs and /etc/rc.d/(init.d/)nfsserver.

Also rc.config should get an entry in the case of SuSE. I wish I
could patch all three components right away. Unfortunately, I don't
want to hand-patch everything. I am not that knowlegeable.

I hope that this nfsv3 clears out all my nfs troubles.

Regards,

G. Hugh Song