Re: Announce: modutils 2.3.11 is available - the debugger's helpe r

From: Jamie Lokier (lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 14:33:56 EST

Dunlap, Randy wrote:
> Why wouldn't we move several or most modules in
> drivers/usb/ and hence /lib/modules/usb/ to their
> "fuctional" directory, like audio/, video/,
> net/ (or dev/net/)?
>
> Is this better or worse than having many different
> function-drivers in drivers/usb/ ?

I think this would be ok _if_ all the USB driver names started with
"usb-". E.g., acm.o should be renamed usb-acm.o.

Then you could clearly see which function each driver is used for, and
also something useful about when you'd want to use them.

Another consistent approach is to name the /lib/modules tree after the
kernel source's drivers/ and net/ trees.

-- Jamie