rcmd: socket error.

From: Daniel C. Nurmi (nurmi@mcs.anl.gov)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 14:11:34 EST

Greetings,

I am trying to run a very large MPI job and I'm seeing the following
error:

rcmd: socket: All ports in use

as soon as the number of rshs on one system reaches 255. I've looked
through a few headers and some proc documentation bu I cannot figure out
where this limit is being set. I'm thinking it may be a limit imposed
by the version of glibc that I'm using. I'm hoping that it is a kernel
parameter that can be increased through /proc or by recompiling the
kernel. I am running glibc-2.1.2-11 and kernel 2.2.15pre19. I would
appreciate any thoughts and/or suggestions from the community.

Thanks
-Dan Nurmi