screen_info and multihead

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 20:29:46 EST

Hi!

  I have been working on a cleanup of the console code. One of the things
I have been working on in this work is multihead. As I have been going
threw the code I noticed this struct screen_info. Is it really needed
anymore? From what I can tell the only platform that uses hardware to
filling in screen_info is the arm platform. The only driver that uses it
is vesafb. With multihead you can see it can get a bit mess. So could it
be removed and have the hardware drivers themselves probe the hardware for
the default state?

"Look it's a text editor, no it's a OS, no it's Emacs"
James Simmons ____/|
fbdev/console developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net U