Re: Linux Jobs as of 2.3.99pre6-5

From: Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 02:48:19 EST

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 12:40:50AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Fix Exists But Isnt Merged
> --------------------------

  At some Alpha systems (Miata in particular), bridged PCI bus is
  initialized incorrectly. This causes system to crash when X starts.
  Fix available from Jeff Wiedemeier <Jeff.Wiedemeier@compaq.com>

> 64bit lockf support
        This is also at "not show-stoppers" ??

> Semaphore races
> Semaphore memory leak
> TTY and N_HDLC layer called poll_wait twice per fd and corrupt memory
> ATM layer calls poll_wait twice per fd and corrupts memory
> Random calls poll_wait twice per fd and corrupts memory
> PCI sound calls poll_wait twice per fd and corrupts memory
> sbus audio calls poll_wait twice per fd and corrupts memory

        Are these the reason why my Alpha *always* starts with
        "WQ BUG" report about bad magic at WQ-head structure ??

        Sometimes I am lucky and get only one or two with system
        still running. Other times system crashes completely.

/Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@sonera.fi>