Re: VM: Bizzare MM tricks...

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 21:04:58 EST

"Raj, Ashok" wrote:

> There is one additional gotcha to perform mmap on kernel memory. One needs
> to do what is shown below. atleast with 2.2.x (upto redhat 6.1 and 6.2) if
> this is not correct please let me know. Additionally since mmap needs
> contiguous memory, this memory cannot be vmalloced space, so it has to be
> physically contiguous..

what's wrong with remap_page_range? that's traditionally how mmap of
arbitrary kernel space is done in char drivers and such. and single
remap_page_range is typically called once per page, there should be no
problem at all mapping discontiguous memory into a contiguous userland
virtual address space...

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Nothing cures insomnia like the
Building 1024            | realization that it's time to get up.