Re: devfs persistence

From: Rodger Wilson {I/O Software} (Rodger.Wilson@central.sun.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 14:17:00 EST

Sorry, but two more stupid question about devfs.

1)

In your paper /dev looks like the actual dev tree. If I remember right
you said earlier that there was also a directory with friendly names that
were nothing but sym-links.

2)

If devices are organized by target id how do we make sure that names don't
get swaped after a reboot.

For example lets say that we bring down a machine and durring this time
there is a LIP on our FCAL and two of the drives swap id's, then on reboot
the system thinks the drive that was used for /home is / and the drive for
/ is /home

Hopfully, I am not being to much of a pest.

Rodger Wilson
Target and SCSI Drivers (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
DIRECT: (303) 272-8252 HOME: (303) 499-9498
FAX: (303) 272-7793 CELL: (303) 669-7955
PAGER: (303) 203-8561 EMAIL: Rodger.Wilson@sun.com