Re: devfs persistence

From: Rodger Wilson {I/O Software} (Rodger.Wilson@central.sun.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 16:30:44 EST

But if we have persistence set up right it will find the drive anyway.
The frame work should refer to FC (may all SCSI3) drives by wwn. This
would make linux much more robust, because if for example, a server goes
down in the night and then reboots it will be able to figure out which
drives are which by the WWN. That is why after all why WWN's are placed
onto the drives.

Rodger Wilson
Target and SCSI Drivers (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
DIRECT: (303) 272-8252 HOME: (303) 499-9498
FAX: (303) 272-7793 CELL: (303) 669-7955
PAGER: (303) 203-8561 EMAIL: Rodger.Wilson@sun.com