Re: devfs persistence

From: Rodger Wilson {I/O Software} (Rodger.Wilson@central.sun.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 12:18:34 EST

Matt, nice to hear from you again ;)

Richard, I didn't intent to agrivate you I just want to clarify some
things. Here at Sun we do *LOTS* of stuff to make sure that our own
dynamic nature doesn't screw us over. We have a lot of sys-admins who get
very upset when a system reboots and it can find it's drives because they
have changed target id's.

I am also (here at Sun) pushing to make sure we have this same reliability
on drives in a SAN that we haven't had a chance to label.

Rodger Wilson
Target and SCSI Drivers (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
DIRECT: (303) 272-8252 HOME: (303) 499-9498
FAX: (303) 272-7793 CELL: (303) 669-7955
PAGER: (303) 203-8561 EMAIL: Rodger.Wilson@sun.com