Re: pre6 problem EEPRO100 and NFS...

From: Art Boulatov (aboulato@soros.ksu.ru)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 09:41:07 EST

"Robert S. Irrgang" wrote:

> On Pre6 Kernel, there are many problems with EEPRO100. Many loss packets and transmission errors on LAN.

Just compiled pre6, and see the same problem.
Everything seems to be ok, the EEPRO100 initialised ok, the eth0 is up,
but can't even ping the remote host. Though tcpdump shows some
activity and sometimes can ping myself from remote.

Another problem - when starting X, the system completely hangs, the
XFree log
doesn't say anything special, neither /var/log/messages do.

Kernel configuration is the same as in pre3 (I'm on it right now).