Re: rpc/tcp mesg size

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 10:38:59 EST

> Hi all,
> Im trying to send data across 2 kernel modules using rpc
> client
> server. I want to know what is the maximum data limit of

RPC client or RPC server? They are 2 completely different sets of
code.

> sending RPC argument when using as a TCP service. Im abl to
> send around 3800 bytes, but after that I get "sk_data
> negative!", "bad directions", "dropping requests" messages. Is
> there any limitation imposed by the kernel?

For the RPC server stuff: the answer is that tcp is still not working
properly.

For the RPC client, the limitation is currently 10 iov entries in
2.3.99-pre6. That gives you 32k rsize and wsize over NFS.
For 2.2.x RPC over tcp doesn't work without extra patches.

Cheers,
  Trond