Re: Linux Jobs as of 2.3.99pre6-5

From: Robson Miranda (rmiranda@solar.com.br)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 19:47:19 EST

In article <fa.gohcr0v.1uloig3@ifi.uio.no>,
  Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> [Folks please check this for missing stuff and missed fixes]
>

> Linux sends a 1K buffer with SCSI inquiries. The ANSI-SCSI limit is
255.
> Linux uses TEST_UNIT_READY to chck for device presence on a PUN/LUN.
The
> INQUIRY is the only valid test allowed by the spec.

I saw that linux 2.2 sends a TEST_UNIT_READY, and, after, a INQUIRY.
There's any reason to do this? Also, my CD-R keeps reseting the scsi bus
when it is probed for LUNS !=0, this may be the cause? (Adding it to the
blacklist resolves my problem).

My CD-R is a SONY CD-R CDU926S Rev 1.1e (as I got from /proc/scsi/scsi),
connected to a Adaptec AHA-2940.

    Robson.