Re: IDE DMA failure w/ 2.3.99

From: Lorenzo Marcantonio (lomarcan@tin.it)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 08:18:20 EST

"Marc" == Marc Duponcheel <mduponch@cisco.com> writes:

> Maybe it's an issue with the disk rather than the controller?

At least one other Toshiba user (with a Fujitsu HD) reported the
same.

> Anyway, Lorenzo, did you read on the kernel list about *any*
> suggestion to avoid the Toshiba/Intel/IDE issue. For example
> disable some configs or even change the source?

I've tried all (combining PIIX support options) without results. It
even trashed my root partition when it was mounted read-only!.

In DMA mode causes timeout. In PIO mode (after disabling DMA) has data
corruption issues. I've seen this behaviour approx from 2.3.48.