Re: Hot-plugging USB mice?

From: Eric Lemar (elemar@cs.washington.edu)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 16:57:49 EST

Do you really have to quit X? As of a couple years ago, I used to use gpm
in pass-through mode for X and was able to kill and restart gpm without
disturbing the X server. Granted I only restarted using the same mouse
source(for some reason the mouse used to lock up) but I don't see why it
shouldn't work with a different mouse.

Eric Lemar