Re: Off-topic : Network Driver Link Status

From: David Hinds (dhinds@valinux.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 17:57:38 EST

I raised this question off-line a couple months ago and got much the
same answer (that 2.3 provided an interface, but it wasn't really
used). It wasn't clear to me at the time, though, if this interface
was actually intended for general use... someone suggested it was
added specifically for the ISDN drivers, and that this redefinition of
the IFF_RUNNING flag might have unintended consequences.

So should I go ahead and update the PCMCIA network drivers for this?

-- Dave