Re: smbfs makes directory unusable in 2.2.15pre ...

From: covici@ccs.covici.com
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 02:02:47 EST

Urban Widmark <urban@svenskatest.se> writes:

> On 30 Apr 2000 covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
>

> > Sorry for the oversight, I am using kernel 2.2.15pre10 and samba
> > version 2.06a. Sorry for the mixup, I guess this was because smbfs
> > came in the samba package.
>
> I do not know of a 2.0.6a version, 2.0.5a or 2.0.6? There is a 2.0.7
> version out now, you may want to try that.
>
> > Umount has no effect on this problem.
>
> Can you umount?

No, it always says device or resource busy.
> If you can, what happens when you mount it again?
> Do you have a mount.smbfs or smbmount process running while it is
working?

Yup, I just checked and indeed I do -- I never noticed this before.

> Is it gone when it stops working?
> Do you get any messages from the kernel when the problem starts?

I am not sure, I was just looking through the logs and didn't see
anything, but I think I remember things like retry newpid= ... or
request invalid or things like that.

--
         John Covici
         covici@ccs.covici.com