Re: [patch] 3c59x.c

From: Tom Rini (trini@kernel.crashing.org)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 02:16:14 EST

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 09:06:00AM +0200, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
> > >

> > > John and Andreas are currently working on the ppc byte ordering issues
> > > with this driver. As far as I know, it is currently in the "not known
> > > to work on PPC" state. If you are able to debug, test or otherwise
> > > help them sort it out it would be truly great!
> >
> > Erm. When did this break? The driver in 2.2.15pre20 is working quite happily
> > in my G4 on a 3c905B.
>
> A stock 3c59x.c with the insl_ns/outsl_ns should work with 2215p20.
> The break happens for me in Andrews patch from 22.4. I can't get it to
> run it leads to a 'freeze'. But right now??

Right, but was something broken? The card seems to be working perfectly right
now. I can try out 2.3.xx in a bit, but if the 3c59x driver broke at somepoint
on PPC I'd look elsewhere. The insl/outsl bits look exactly the same. And,
I've been shoving a good deal of data at/through my 3com. I'd also be glad to
try & lock it up.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/