Re: 2.2.14 Weird Userland NFS bug...

From: Robert Dinse (nanook@eskimo.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 04:43:52 EST

On 3 May 2000, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> Sounds like a caching issue. Is root the user who's supposed to be
> denied access? If so, it's a 'feature, not a bug' since under NFSv2,
> there is no way of detecting root squashing on the client side.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond

     No, it's a more general issue.

     For example, I have a file, illinois.html that has modes 644, I have the
XBitHack enabled in Apache. I want to use SSI in this file so I change the
modes to 754, the Linux box which has the web server on it and is mounting the
file system via NFS from a SunOS 4.1.4 box, still sees mode 644 unless I do a
touch on the file, then it sees the new permissions.