1.3msec timer needed - best way ?

From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd@Op.Net)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 15:51:59 EST

I need to write 2 bytes to a device every 1.3msec (+/- 0.3msec). I
know how to use the kernel timer system, and I know how to use the
RTC. But I don't know how I can do this on time, because its not a
multiple of 2, and the RTC requires this.

Does anyone have any ideas ? In case you wonder, this is to generate
MIDI timecode, which consists, in its most basic form, of a 2 byte
message for every 1/4 SMPTE frame, where there are roughly 20-30 SMPTE
frames per second.

--p