Re: classzone-VM + mapped pages out of lru_cache

From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf@wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 12:52:20 EST

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Shane Shrybman wrote:

> I tried classzone18 with pre7-3 and got similar results. Big performance
> improvements but, I also experience lockups. No oops or messages were
> recorded. I am unable to pin it down to a particular event, moving
> windows around in X seems to lock the machine. I am using XFree4.0 if it
> matters.

Hmm... you don't happen to use a Matrox Mystique?
I've been getting these lockups with all XFree 3.9.x and XFree 4.0 with
any kernel (tested with a few 2.2 and 2.3).

It also occurs when moving windows around or scrolling in netscape.

But I don't get complete lockups, it's only X that hangs, everything else
runs just fine.

This may be what I thought from the beginning, a bug in XFree.
But maybe it's a bug in kernel thats showing up more clearly now.

/Martin

--
The three best things about going to school are June, July, and August.