Re: classzone-VM + mapped pages out of lru_cache

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 12:39:40 EST

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Shane Shrybman wrote:

>improvements but, I also experience lockups. No oops or messages were
>recorded. I am unable to pin it down to a particular event, moving
>windows around in X seems to lock the machine. I am using XFree4.0 if it

Note that if you are inside X you must use serial console to be able to
see the Oops.

Moving mouse in X (unless you are under heavy VM load) doesn't involve
memory allocations or page faults so I don't see how that can be
related. I guess it's something else that runs while you're moving
the mouse.

>I have placed my config and bzImage at:
>
> http://zeke.yi.org/linux/2.3.99p7.3-cz18/

I'll try it now, thanks.