Re: set_fs_pwd/set_fs_root(tsk, NULL, NULL) are OK?

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 14:03:10 EST

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Ok, thank you, but is there a way to choose this "non entity object" in
> > such a manner as to automatically disable any name lookups (by this
> > process) from then on?
>
> You need a file system which is one directory which contains no files
> and allows no creation/deletion etc.
>
> Does that do it ?

well, I thought of that (or rather, Rik told me about it), but... if I do
it that way I am tempted to move the inodes of the open files to that
directory as well. I.e. I need to unhash them from whatever (sb,dev) they
were currently hashed to and re-hash them onto the new (sb,dev) of this
tiny filesystem which presumably have to be mounted? Also, the processes
doing io system calls will start getting EIO on those fds which is what I
want.

I can't recall what were the problems with this approach but there were
certainly many - ok, I will now think about it again and see if I missed
anything on the first round. (looks like the only problem was the "has to
be mounted" issue...)

Thank you for sharing your idea!

Regards,
Tigran.