Re: Possible TCP Problem with RH6.2 talking to Solaris2.6/2.7

From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 11:46:32 EST

Hello!

> How much could the CPU load affect the numbers, most of the tests were run
> on the machines while theye were activly doing other stuff. But while on
> the private ethernet segments the ethernets wen't being used by any other
> process, but the machines were busy doing other processing? This is a
> PentiumPro200 System, any idea how much ethernet load it should be able to
> take?

35% with 11MB/sec if copying to disk is not made.

Your machine _must_ show bw 11.76MB/sec, if ethernet is not broken.
This number is invariant, it does not depend on window sizes,
buffer sizes, it does not depend on anything, but ethernet.

I am sorry, I misunderstood you. That tcpdump, which you pointed
to in the first mail, is tcpdump of session solaris<->solaris, certainly.
I not quite understand, why you did not pointed me to this mistake
yesterday, when I asked what version of linux it corresponds to.
You could save me some time.

So that, please, prepare real tcpdump.

Alexey