Ooops in pre7-5 boot (also in pre7-4 boot)

From: Andrew Stubbs (andrews@stusoft.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 12:59:46 EST

I get an ooops in pre7-5 boot process. Also happened in pre7-4 boot but not
in pre7-2 boot

kernel BUG
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/spinlock.h
invalid operand: 0000

Aiee killing interrupt handler

Symptoms
=========
This occurs during the boot process after loading the scsi interfaces module
aic7xxx.o
last entry on screen before oops
scsi: 2hosts

next entry should be (normally is on a pre5 kernel)
(scsi1:0:0:4:0) Synchronous at 5.0 MByte/sec, offset 8. (DAT drive)

System
======
SuperMicro Dual Pentium P^DBE board
Dual Pentium III 450
650MB RAM
2 x Adaptec AHA-2940
AGP Graphics card
2 x NIC (1x10MB 1x100MB) both use tulip driver
2 x IDE drives
1 HP DAT on SCSI
(There are disks attached to the system but they are external and turned
off)- aic loaded as module to use them

If needed I can plug a serial port in and grab the whole oops on a PC
screen.
Looks like there is a problem in the aic7xxx subsystem

Andrew