Re: [OOPS] report for 2.3.99-pre7-5 on sparc64

From: Ben Collins (bcollins@debian.org)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 13:13:08 EST

> Why this could happen, no idea. Ben, what are you compiling kernels
> with on this box? (I know, you're sick of hearing me ask this, but
> if you put that info into every oops report I would stop asking :-)

Sorry, I used egcs64 :) I've only been using that here lately, and when I
ever do try something else, I'm in the habbit now of using egcs64 before
sending an oops report.

Haven't noticed this again, but I'm capturing oops's on the serial
output, so if it happens again, I'll let you know.

Note, there is nothing special configured on the system. I don't have X
running, nor any special filesystems (not even nfs). It's pretty cut and
dry so I can bootstrap 64bit (that reminds me, I'm running 64bit binaries
here, maybe that's a clue).

Ben