Re: [OT] Perspex (was: an Amicus Curae to the Honorable Thomas Penfield Jackson)

From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson (kernel@blackhole.compendium-tech.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 15:40:53 EST

> You can weld perspex, I think. Anyway: if all I want to do is look at the
> source, why does it matter either way?

You can't weld a metal to a plastic. Well, I guess if you were _real_
slick you could, by using some sort of composite cement material that
probably sucks, but really, the only way to do it would be to put 1-way
bolts thru the perspex and into the body panels. But then what stops you
from whacking the perspex with a sledge hammer and breaking it? Hell, it's
only 17 times stronger than glass, and 1/4 the weight. Regardless, if you
have the source, what's to stop you from using it? Patent laws aren't
/that/ harsh :). Well OK, maybe they are. But has that ever stopped us
before?

You know, the prospect of a perspex hood is quite interesting. That would
keep the bugs off the chrome in the 'vette. :)

 Kelsey Hudson khudson@ctica.com
 Software Engineer
 Compendium Technologies, Inc (619) 725-0771