Re: oops in 2.3.99pre6 w/ ATM 0.77

From: Jan Rekorajski (baggins@sith.mimuw.edu.pl)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 16:34:11 EST

On Fri, 05 May 2000, Jason Holmes wrote:

> [1.] One line summary of the problem:
>
> Kernel panics after a few hours of heavy ATM traffic.
>
> [2.] Full description of the problem/report:
>
> This machine is planned to be a mirror, so it's transferring a large
> amount of data while I'm populating it. After a variable period of time
> (a few hours, normally), the machine OOPSes and locks up to the point
> that even the magic sysrq keys don't work. If I leave the machine idle
> (no network traffic), it seems to stay up indefinately.

You _are_ lucky that you got an oops :( For me it's just hard lockup,
no oops, just some information of broken connection.
Fore 200e on any kernel > 2.3.52.

Jan

--
Jan Rêkorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?