Re: /dev/kmem

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 05:29:13 EST

On Sat, 06 May 2000 03:13:07 -0700,
George Anzinger <george@pioneer.net> wrote:
>Tigran Aivazian wrote:
>> ksymoops -s map < /dev/null
>...............snip............
>Ok, the basic idea is to look at the System.map file right?

System.map plus modules.

>Now I am doing a lot of kernel testing and have more than one kernel on
>a system, using lilo to pick and choose. What is the usual method used
>to insure that the correct System.map file is avaiable to each system?

Up to you, ksymoops and user space files are under the control of the
sysadmin, not the kernel. FWIW, my method is to copy .config and
System.map to /lib/modules/xxx after doing make modules_install for
kernel xxx. Other people like to store System.map in /boot and name it
System.map-xxx. Whatever works for you, just pass the name of your map
to ksymoops with the -m option.