Re: usb-ohci.o module still broken in pre6-6

From: Riley Williams (rhw@MemAlpha.cx)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 17:06:28 EST

Hi Ari.

> Well, the dependency problem has been fixed with usb-ohci
> in pre6-6, but now it doesn't load. When usbcore/usbdevfs
> is loaded already, and i do a 'modprobe usb-ohci', it
> appears to load OK, but it is not listed in lsmod. No
> messages get printed to any of the logs, so I'm stumped.

I can't help with your specific problem as I've no experience
with USB, but in my experience, modprobe never gives any log
messages, no matter how many problems it came across. Try using
`insmod usb-ohci` instead, and see what that tells you - and if
it points out any dependancies, try insmod'ing them first and
then insmod'ing the original again. Repeat as required...

Best wishes from Riley.

 * Copyright (C) 2000, Memory Alpha Systems.
 * All rights and wrongs reserved.