Re: network problem (probably with eepro100) in 2.3.99-pre5?

From: Daniel Stone (tamriel@ductape.net)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 20:30:52 EST

Andrey,
I managed to get the EEPro100 back. It's the exact same card, the exact
same problem, but now on pre7-6. It's sitting in eth1, with the ne2k-pci
as eth0. The system boots fine as none of my rc scripts disturb
eth1. ifconfig -a works fine, but don't try to change anything on eth1
... straight lock.

Here's the boot message:
eth1: Intel Corporation 82557 [Ethernet Pro 100], 00:90:27:58:89:F7, IRQ
9.
  Reciever lock-up bug exists -- enabling work-around.
  Board assembly 721383-006, Physical connectors present: RJ45
  Primary interface chip i82555 PHY #1.
  General self-test: passed.
  Serial sub-system self-test: passed.
  Internal registers self-test: passed.
  ROM checksum self-test: passed (0x04f4518b).

This motherboard doesn't support PnP, I statically allocated IRQ 9 in the
BIOS. It's on Level/Auto. Devfs is also enabled.

Take care,