Re: arp, kernel 2.2.15 and 2.3.99-pre6

From: Andi Kleen (ak@suse.de)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 07:24:24 EST

On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 02:54:24PM +0300, Julian Anastasov wrote:
> Well, I can't solve the problem with the shared
> addresses without the hidden device feature.

You could use multiple routing tables: one for local, one for non
local source addresses. Then add an appropiate blackhole route
to the non local table. You do not even need arpfilter for that,
the normal ARP input route checking should be enough.

Ok, it is still ugly, but at least the ugly is in the configuration,
not in the C code :-)

-Andi