Re: [bug] second closure of pppN causes unending OOPS

From: Tranchant, Mark (M.A.) (mtranch2@ford.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 05:27:15 EST

> kernel 2.3.99-pre7-6, with classzone 24 patch. the subject says all.

I've had the same problem on one occasion with an unadulterated 2.3.99-pre6
kernel. On executing "ifdown ppp0" (for the *first* time), the machine
oopsed once, then spewed some more oops-like information and locked up.
Couldn't capture it, sorry. Computer is now in storage whilst the room is
redecorated, so I can't try any fixes for a few days.

PPP is compiled as a module, and usually works fine. Machine is a VESA-bus
AMD 486DX4/120 with a Diamond modem on a serial port.

--
Mark Tranchant
Email: mark@tranchant.freeserve.co.uk