ext2_lookup() and i_count

From: Sébastien Côté (scote1@Matrox.COM)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 08:54:18 EST

Hi,

I need to port the Journaling Flash FileSystem (JFFS) to 2.2 so I
started looking at how the VFS works. Reading Richard Gooch's document
about the VFS (linux/Documentation/filesystems/vfs.txt) , I got to the
section about the lookup. Richard wrote the following:

> The "i_count" field in the inode structure should be incremented.

When I checked ext2_lookup(), I could not see any place where i_count
could be incremented. Did I miss something or is this incrementation
thing wrong?

Pleace, CC your answers to scote1@matrox.com

Sébastien Côté
scote1@matrox.com