Re: PC speaker driver

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 10:41:03 EST

blc@ez0.ezlink.com said:
> . I also suppose pcsp will break on SMP boxes and I'll have to go to a
> real sound card when this machine gets a second CPU.

It works on (at least some) SMP boxen.

> Anyway I just was able to find the 2.2 patches. Applied them to
> 2.2.15, but it failed on one hunk in joystick.c, but since I don't
> have a joystick, I'm gonna go ahead and try to compile it.

Works on my 2.2.15pre12-ext3-rawio. I only really bother to update the
patch on ftp.infradead.org when I have problems applying one of Linus'
patches to my tree because of conflicts that the PC speaker drivers causes.

I'll do one for 2.2.15 shortly. What you've got ought to work, though. For
machines with a TSC, ISTR that the joystick.c patch is no longer needed at
all - so even if you had one it should be OK.

--
dwmw2