Re: Future Linux devel. Kernels

From: law@sgi.com
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 13:34:14 EST

Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> > > You can't remount the root fs while running.
> > ---
> > Don't need to -- "mount mybadsys:/mybadusr /usr". Now we have a new /usr/bin/syslogd
> > and a new /usr/sbin/klogd.
>
> You still need to kill the old one..

---
	Right now, if you have root, even w/o raw-io and ability to change
cap-immutable, a killall -9 syslogd klogd usually does the trick.

Yup! :-) -l -- Linda Walsh @ SGI | Core Linux - Trust Technology 1200 Crittenden Lane MS:30-3-802 | Voice: (650) 933-5338 Mountain View, CA 94043 | Email: law@sgi.com