Re: 2.3.99-pre7-8 -- Compile errors in ide-pmac.c

From: Miles Lane (miles@speakeasy.org)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 00:21:51 EST

I am new to testing PPC builds of the kernel, so pardon
my ignorance. Is there a good reason why the fixes made
for the PPC kernel show up on linuxcare.com.au::linux-pmac-devel
and hq.fsmlabs.com:5000 long before they get merged into the
ftp.kernel.org tree? Is it thought that having discussions of
PPC related problems on the linux-kernel list would be too
distracting (although I can't see why it would be) to the rest
of the business at hand?

It seems to me that centralizing communication a bit more
(I know that the linux-kernel list is like drinking from a
fire hose already) would be helpful.

Thanks,
        Miles