Re: ext2_lookup() and i_count

From: Sébastien Côté (scote1@Matrox.COM)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 07:26:29 EST

David Woodhouse wrote :

> > I know about that projet and they're working on a 2.3 port for now.
>
> That's true - a fact which had embarrassingly escaped my attention briefly.
> But I'm told that it's far easier to backport 2.3 code to 2.2 than it is to
> port 2.0 code.
> > Anyway, this doesn't really answer my question, I'd really like to
> > know about the i_count issue.
>
> Sorry, I have no clue. I'm having enough problems with block devices. Isn't
> this already done in Alex's port, though?

Yes, it's a lot easier to port from 2.3 since 2.2 introduced a lot of
changes in the VFS. I used Alex's port to help me and now everything
compiles without a glitch. However, I did not start my flash driver yet
so I can't really test it that's why I'm trying the best that I can to
understand how to VFS works in order to eliminate bugs.

I asked this question because ext2 don't increment i_count and the help
for VFS says it should. I was wondering was I missed.

Thanks anyway,

Sébastien Côté
scote1@matrox.com