Re: fs.h in sound.h?

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 09:16:32 EST

Erik Mouw writes:
> IMHO include/linux/sound.h should include include/linux/fs.h, because
> all register_sound_xxx() functions need a struct file_operations. Is there
> a specific reason why it isn't included?

Do they actually need the declarations of the elements of
"struct file_operations" or just to know that it exists? If the latter,
I would suggest adding "struct file_operations;" instead of yet another
include dependency.

We're rapidly heading for a #include <linux/everything.h> header file -
linux/fs.h and linux/mm.h are two of the major culpits of including
virtually everything else (I think you get about 60% of the include
files if you include those together).

I did have a look at this area, and gave up because it required a major
restructuring.
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\