3c900 NIC slow under linux

From: Gianluca Anzolin (g.anzolin@libero.it)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 10:50:56 EST

I have recently replaced an Intel EtherExpress 16 card with a 3c900
(Boomerang) 3Com card. The problem is that, when I'm receiving something
from the 3Com card, it is rather slow: I can get only ~ 857Kb/s versus
1190 Kb/s with the same card under Windows 98 (40% faster, ie the same
speed I got under linux with the Intel eexpress 16 card).

There seems there is a problem in the driver and that problem shows only
receiving data (not sending: I can happily send ~1,2 Mb/sec under
linux). Could someone help me ?

PS: I'm not on the list, please reply directly to me