Re: 2.3.99pre8 RAID memory allocation

From: Ingo Molnar (mingo@elte.hu)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 06:34:59 EST

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Andi Kleen wrote:

> While reading 2.3.99pre8:
>
> + schedule_timeout(2);

> Are you sure that you don't need a current->policy |= SCHED_YIELD
> here ? Iirc the TCP code something did something very similar,
> and the SCHED_YIELD had to be added to avoid mm deadlocks.

thx, will add it. The above code is btw. buggy even with your fix, RAID1
needs preallocation pool to be undeadlocked. [ problems with the above
code were not seen in RL so far - at the point where the above allocation
is done we _must not_ fail. (we can only reply with an IO error, which is
way off.) ]

        Ingo