user-mode port 0.23-2.3.99-pre8

From: Jeff Dike (jdike@karaya.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 11:07:01 EST

The user-mode port of 2.3.99-pre8 is available.

Kernel modules now work. They need to be compiled in the user-mode pool.
Modules from a native pool won't work. To get modules_install to drop them in
the right place in your user-mode filesystem, you can do the following:

build the modules
mount your user-mode filesystem on mnt at the top level of the pool (with the
kernel not booted on it)
run 'make modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=`pwd`/mnt'
boot the kernel

I exported just enough symbols to get isofs to run as a module. I'm sure that
others need to be exported. If you run into any, let me know, and I'll take
care of them.

The project's home page is http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net
The project's download page is http://sourceforge.net/project/filelist.php?grou
p_id=429