2.3.99-pre8

From: Robert Dinse (nanook@eskimo.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 12:41:38 EST

     Just out of some sort of masochistic streak, I attempted to build and boot
2.3.99-pre8 on a Sparc SS-10, same quad CPU machines that I have so much fun
with 2.2.x on.

     Built fine, first 2.3.x kernel I've been able to compile without any
mucking around on Sparc, and first I've got to boot at all.

     It got up to where it tried to run the rc scripts, and running the network
script it OOPS'd, then went into spin_lock deadlock. This was reproducible,
I'll post some numbers if they are clear later (I captured the screen with a
digital camera but it's hard to tell from the display if they are legible or
not until I download them into a computer).