cant get networking to work on 2.3.99 on slow PC

From: Lee Chin (leechin@mail.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 16:49:37 EST

Hi,
Networking wont work on 2.3.99 kernels on slow PCs... when I ping, 1 out of
10 or so pings make it through... it looks like the kernel is losing packets
on slow PCs. The same setup will work when I coot with a 2.2.x kernel. Also
I run tcpdump on the machine I am pinging and I only see a few packets make
it through... and the arp replies never are received by the 2.3.99 slow PC.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Lee