Re: More simultaneous language support for console besides one?

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 14:39:40 EST

       Is there anyway that future linux kernels will display more
    than one foreign font on the console and virtual console at the
    same time? I realize that Xwindows and other such GUI s/w pkgs
    can display them, but I'd like to see the console do it too.

A traditional console has limitation on thr number of different
characters it can display at any time -- a framebuffer console
wouldn't have this limitation.

    Perhaps this can be made a kernel compile option for more than
    one language font vs. just the native one one wants to use.

You can opt to use a framebuffer -- I don't know if it will work for
all fonts though.

  --cw