Re: [SCARED] Is ext2 unreliable?

From: Sasi Peter (sape@iq.rulez.org)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 10:28:46 EST

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> I cannot help you debug it with the patches - sorry. I can suggest you look

Maybe I should try a vanilla kernel which has the features of handling my
HW and SW configuration. (USB and IDE is in 2.3.99, is RAID there too?) is
it not unreliable enough to be advised to try out?

> at 2.2.14/15 when doing heavy NFS. Old NFS code could leave files deleted but
> never freed in some obscure cases and you may have the load to trigger that.
> If so then 2.2.13/14/15 should be fine

I do have 2.2.14pre15, but anyways, the files are usually deleted locally
in large amounts by me, and not through NFS.

-- SaPE

Peter, Sasi <sape@sch.hu>